Reference: Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) and Recycling
UPDATE ON RATES for 2007
Since January 1, 2003, the Village of Mount Gilead has been collecting the MSW in the Village. Recycling is being done by Mid Ohio Sanitation, formally Whetstone Recyclers.
If you do not have a red recycling tote, contact Mid Ohio Sanitation (419-947-7440) and they will drop one off at your address.
Your MSW will continue to be billed with the water and sewer bills monthly. The following will be the pick up days within the Village, the 6 bag limit still applies;
Tuesday's - All of Main St., East Union, East Cedar, East Elm, East North, East Center, Neal Avenue, Bank St., Hillside, Maple Court, East St., Vine St., Walnut St., Pine Drive, Fairway Lane, all of Marion St and all of High St.
Wednesday's - Cherry Street, Rich Street, Iberia St., Town St., Delaware St., Park Ave., Lincoln Ave., Highland Ave, Douglas St., West Union St., West Elm St., West Cedar St., West North St., West Center St., South St., Elm Crest Drive, Lee St., Grant Street, Buckeye Lane, Cyprus Lane, Hickory Lane, Dogwood Lane, Willow Lane, Catalpa Lane, Baker St., Westview Drive, Orchard Lane, Maple St., Orchard St. and Northfield Drive.
· All trash must be placed at the curb by 6:00 A.M. the morning of pick up, but no earlier than 6:00 P.M. the evening before. If you place trash at the curb before this time you could be subject to a citation by the police.
· All trash must be at the curb or tree lawn. Trash will not be picked up in alleys. Unless prior arrangements have been made.
· All boxes must be broken down and placed with your recycle tote. Boxes must be recycled. All packing must be removed and placed with your MSW.
· All appliances must be recycled, and it is the resident responsibility to transport to Mid Ohio Sanitation in Edison, OH (419-947-7440). The Village will not pick up appliances. This is free to the resident, with the exception of any appliance with freon gas, a small charge will apply.
· Trash in excess of the limit will be billed with your monthly water and sewer bill at a rate of $2.00 per additional bag.
· No steel items will be collected, these items must be recycled. Contact Mid Ohio Sanitation (419-947-7440) for disposal of scrap metal.
· Furniture items will be collected when our office is contacted (419-946-9101) in advance. Extra charges will apply for removal of these items. Items placed at the curb without prior notice will be subject to a citation for blight.
The following is the current breakdown for MSW services through December 2007.
MSW pick up $12.50
If you have questions or you wish to schedule a special pick up, please feel free to call 419-946-9101.
Additional Trash Charges